- Venue: Junction Oval, Melbourne
- Date: 12th February 2020
- Time: 8:10 AM IST
- League: Womens Tri Series in Australia, 2020
Australia Women Preview
Australia faced India twice in the try series winning on one occasion while losing on the other. Ashleigh Gardner (93) and Meg Lanning (37) were the top scorers for Australia Women in their 2nd encounter against India. While the hosts put a competitive total of 173-5 batting first at this same venue, the bowling attack could manage to pick only 3 wickets defending the total.
The Australian team used as much as 7 bowling options in their failed attempt to defend 173 against India in the 5th match of the Tri Series. However, in the following match against England Women, the home team successfully defended 132 runs. Alyssa Healey has scored 1 and 0 runs in her last 2 innings. Other opener Beth Mooney scored a fifty in the last match against England while the middle-order including Meg Lanning and Ellyse Perry collapsed.
Megan Schutt, Ellyse Perry, and Tayla Vlaeminck are the bowlers to watch out for in the Australian team. Australia Women’s batting form has been inconsistent in the series and the hosts will therefore, back their bowlers to dominate India in the final.
India Women Preview
India Women finished 2nd on the points table with 2 wins and 2 losses. They will face the hosts in the final T20I of the Tri Series. Rajeshwari Gayakwad and Deepti Sharma have bagged 3 wickets in 2 innings against Australia Women. These two will lead the bowling department while Smriti Mandhana continues to be India’s best bet in the batting department.
Mandhana has scores of 55 and 45 runs in her last two innings. Shafali Verma and Jemimah Rodrigues are other significant players in the Indian batting line-up. While it comes to the batting department, these 3 in addition to Harmanpreet Kaur at number 4 are the most crucial since there’s no one reliable following these top 4 in the line-up.
In addition to Deepti Sharma and Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Shikha Pandey and Radha Yadav are also the frontrunners to be the top bowler for India Women. India Women do have a strong top-order with the likes of Smrithi Mandhana and Jemimah Rodrigues, followed by all-rounder Harmanpreet Kaur in the middle-order. However, consistency is the key which India’s batting line-up hasn’t managed to master yet. Like the hosts, India Women will also rely on their bowling prowess to gain an upper hand in the final.
Australia to win the Final
Australia Women have a strong all-round attack with quite many bowling options. The bowling all-rounders in the side will give the team an edge over India. However, it will not be an easy task defeating India Women given the visitors’ bowling form in contrast with a dipping Aussie batting form.
Fantasy Team Tips
- While Alyssa Healey hasn’t scored anything significant in the last two innings, she will be expected to deliver for the hosts. She finds herself drafted in 77.66% of the fantasy teams.
- Beth Mooney and Ashleigh Gardner have both scored a fifty in the last two innings and will add value in the batting department for both Australia and the fantasy team.
- Smriti Mandhana, Jemima Rodrigues, and Shafali Varama are among the most popular choices among the fantasy teams.
- Ellyse Perry has been successful with the ball and the bat. She scored 49 off 47 balls at number 4 and picked up 4 for 13 against India. 86% of fantasy teams have selected Perry as the all-rounder while 79% of fantasy players have drafted Deepti Sharma in their teams.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper – A Healey
- Batsmen – B Mooney, A Gardner, S Mandhana, J Rodriguez, Shafali-Verma
- All-rounders – Ellyse Perry, Deepti Sharma
- Bowlers – T Vlaeminck, R Gayakwad, R Yadav
- Captain – S Mandhana
- Vice-Captain – A Gardner