- Venue : Newlands, CapeTown
- Date : 14th November 2019
- Time : 9:00 PM IST
- League : Mzansi Super League 2019
Cape Town Blitz Preview
Cape Town Blitz batting form has gone downhill from 213-3 batting first in the 1st match to 84-10 chasing 171 runs in the next. As a result, predicting the course of the home team in the next match would be a tricky business. CTB will be playing their 1st home game after 2 away matches. While Janneman Malan’s 99 off 59 balls propelled Blitz to 200 plus total in the MSL 2019 opening match, George Linde’s 3 for 23 was the highlight performance for CTB.
In addition to being the top wicket-taker for Cape Town Blitz, George Linde was also the top run-scorer with 15 off 16 balls at number 6. Moeen Ali will not be available for the Blitz in the coming matches, and therefore, Liam Livingstone and Mohammad Nawaz will have more responsibility in the middle. Along with the home advantage, Cape Town Blitz has recently defeated Jozi Stars at an away venue in the opening game of the season. Dale Steyn, Anrich Nortje and George Linde will be crucial with the ball while openers Malan and de Kock would decide the course of CTB’s innings.
Jozi Stars lost 2 matches in a row including one to Cape Town Blitz. While the Stars were chasing in both the matches, the losing margin was 15 and 24 runs. The batting form has dipped in the JS camp as well. After finishing with 198-5 chasing 214 runs against CTB, Jozi Stars finished 143-5 against NMBG. Reeza Hendricks was the top run-scorer for JS in both the matches with scores of 80 and 62.
In addition, Temba Bavuma was also consistent at number 3 with 38 off 15 balls against CTB followed by 33 off 24 chasing 168 runs against NMBG. Other crucial batsmen in JS line-up are Rassie van der Dussen and Daniel Christian at number 4 and 5. Chris Gayle at the top remains the big name in the side and while he’s not scored big yet, his blade can turn the game on its head.
Jozi Stars to win the match
Cape Town Blitz has the home advantage that’s expected to work in their favor. In addition, CTB’s bowlers are in good touch with Linde, Steyn, and Nortje picking up wickets. Jozi Stars, on the other hand, have lost 2 in 2 matches and are desperately looking for a win. Statistically, JS has more in-form batsmen in the top4 and they’re more likely to deliver than the CTB top-order.
Fantasy Team Tips
- Quinton de Kock will be opening for the home team and will be looking to give his side a strong start along side Janneman Malan.
- While Chris Gayle and Reeza Hendricks have similar responsibilities for Jozi Stars at the top and will be important features in the fantasy team.
- All-rounder Dan Christian was top-bowler for the Stars the last time they went up against CTB.
- Any CTB vs JS fantasy prediction will be incomplete without considering the role of all-rounder Mohammad Nawaz for the Blitz.
- Kagiso Rabada and Dale Steyn would lead the bowling attack for their respective teams and will be the top picks in many fantasy teams.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-keeper – Quinton de Kock
- Batsmen – C Gayle, R Hendricks, T Bavuma, J Malan
- All-rounders – D Christian, M Nawaz, G Linde
- Bowlers – K Rabada, D Steyn, A Nortje
- Captain – J Malan
- Vice-Captain – C Gayle