- Venue : Kingsmead, Durban
- Date : 17th November 2019
- Time : 1:30 PM IST
- League : Mzansi Super League 2019
Durban Heat Preview
Skipper Dane Vilas must be a disappointed captain with two of his team’s home games washed out due to rain. Durban Heat with 2 points on the board from two matches is yet to play a match in the Mzansi Super League 2019. Alex Hales and David Miller are two major batsmen in DH line-up to watch out for. In addition, batting all-rounder Ravi Bopara will bring in a lot of T20 experience in the middle.
In case of the weather affecting the nature of the track at Durban, Keshav Maharaj would likely do wonders with his left-arm orthodox bowling. Ravi Bopara’s medium pace bowling has been impressive in this format of the game. As a result, Dane Vilas would be tempted to use his services against Cape Town Blitz. Bowling all-rounder Andile Phehlukwayo has delivered impressive performances for the national side with both bat and ball. He will be in a significant role lower down the order to finish the innings on a high.
Cape Town Blitz Preview
Cape Town Blitz bounced back soon after their first loss of the season at Paarl. Defending a total of 170 runs, Paarl Rocks bowled out CTB for 84 runs. Following that loss, Cape Town Blitz played their 1st home game against Jozi Stars. While Blitz had defeated Stars once already in the season opener of MSL 2019, the team saw Liam Livingstone rise to the occasion the second time around. Livingstone scored 65 off 41 balls at number 4 while skipper Quinton de Kock added 41 off 21 balls at number 2.
Janneman Malan had scores of 12 and 10 runs following his 99-runs innings in the opening match for CTB. Pakistan all-rounder Wahab Riaz showed his class scoring a quick-fire 29 off 13 balls at number 7 and later picking up 1 for 13 in his 2 overs. CTB’s bowling attack was effective with Anrich Nortje and Sisanda Magala picking up 2 and 3 wickets respectively. Asif Ali at number 5 adds strength to Blitz middle-order while George Linde and Riaz following at 6 and 7 add depth in the CTB batting line-up.
Cape Town Blitz to win the match
The visitors have the momentum on their side after making a good comeback in the batting department. In addition, Blitz has a strong and confident bowling attack with the likes of Dale Steyn, Wahab Riaz and Sisanda Magala.
Fantasy Team Tips
- Both captains Dane Vilas and Quinton de Kock will are crucial with the bat and behind the stumps for their respective teams. While Blitz skipper is in good touch, Dane Vilas will be keen on getting off to a good start in the league.
- Alex Hales and David Miller are big names in the T20 format while Janneman Malan is na attacking opener for Cape Town Blitz.
- Ravi Bopara is an effective batting all-rounder who’s contributed consistently with either bat or ball. Liam Livingstone scored a fifty recently at a crucial time in Blitz innings, and will be an important feature in the fantasy team.
- Keshav Maharaj would be the front-runner to be the top wicket-taker for the home team. While Wahab Riaz is likely to find a spot in most of the fantasy teams given his all-round skill set.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper – Dane Vilas, Quinton de Kock
- Batsmen – Alex Hales, David Miller, Janneman Malan
- All-rounders – Ravi Bopara, Liam Livingstone, George Linde
- Bowlers – Keshav Maharaj, A Nortje, Wahab Riaz
- Captain – David Miller
- Vice-Captain – Quinton de Kock