- Venue: Kennington Oval, London
- Date: 12 – 16 September 2019
- Time: 3:30 PM IST
- League: Ashesh 2019
Following their remarkable win in the 3rd Ashes Test, the Englishmen were outperformed by the visitors in all departments. Jofra Archer failed to pick a single wicket in the 1st innings as Australia went on to score 497 runs batting first. Stuart Broad picked 3, while Jack Leach and Craig Overton picked 2 wickets each. However, the English bowling attack had no answer for Steve Smith’s batting prowess.
Jofra Archer picked 3 wickets in the 2nd innings. However, it was too late as Australia had a sizeable lead even with 186-6 on the board. England batting order struggled with inconsistency as opener Rory Burns scored 81 in the 1st inning and 0 in the 2nd. While Joe Deny scored 4 runs in the 1st innings and 53 in the second. After a fighting knock of 71 runs in the 1st innings, England skipper, Joe Root was out for a duck off he 1st ball in the second.
Steve Smith is in the best form of his life delivering yet another match winning performance for Australia. He was the top batsman for his side in both innings scoring 211 and 82 runs. While Smith has been consistently delivering his best in every innings, the bowling department too has been consistent. Pat Cummins and Josh Hazlewood have led the Australian bowling attack very well.
While pacers have been the top wicket takers, Nathan Lyon remains an integral part of the bowling unit. He’s done well towards the end of the test on the 4th and 5th day getting crucial wickets. Another reliable batsmen for Aussies in the top 4 is Marcus Labuschagne while the lower-order hasn’t been consistent. Matthew Wade, Travis Head and Tim Paine haven’t had a major partnership among themselves though Tim Paine looked in good touch lately. Wade and Paine will need to step up their game along with openers Marcus Harris and Warner and not rely on Smith.
Australia to win the match
Australia have the momentum on their side with some really great performances with the ball and bat in last two tests. England’s only win of the series wasn’t a result of team effort and relied on one man, Ben Stokes. Australia’s got a strong bowling attack that has consistently delivered results.
Fantasy Team Tips
- Tim Paine and Matthew Wade look in good touch with the bat and would likely score runs in the middle. Paine could gain more points from catching behind the wickets.
- Both England and Australia had most runs coming form among the top 4 batsmen. Joe Root, and Denly would be crucial for England while Australia would rely on Steven Smith and Marcus Labuschagne.
- While Ben Stokes has been wicketless, he has proved time and again what he can do with the bat. He is an important all-rounder for both England and the fantasy team.
- Among the bowlers, Australia’s had a better series so far. A bowling arsenal with 3 players for the fantasy team would be stronger with 2 Aussies and 1 English bowler.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper – Tim Paine, Jos Buttler
- Batsmen – Steve Smith, Marcus Harris, Joe Denly, Joe Root
- All-rounders – M Labuschagne, Ben Stokes
- Bowlers – Josh Hazlewood, P Cummins, Jofra Archer
- Captain – Steve Smith
- Vice-Captain – Joe Root