- Venue: Providence Stadium, Guyana
- Date: 6th October 2019
- Time: 8:30 PM IST
- League: CPL 2019
Guyana Amazon Warriors Preview
The Warriors finished at number 1 in the points table winning all the 10 league stage matches. While they had a few hiccups towards the end as when they were 8-4 against JT at home venue batting first, their bowlers have been the backbone of the Guyana set-up. Imran Tahir, and Chris Green have led the bowling attack producing some match-winning spells for the Warriors. In addition, Chandrapaul Hemraj too delivered really significant bowling performance in the last match picking up 3 for 15 when Tahir went wicketless for 33 runs.
Skipper Shoaib Malik must be content with his team’s performance and the all-round abilities of his players including himself. Malik has time and again stood in the middle anchoring the Guyana innings with a captain’s knock. While he’s delivered with the bat consistently, he’s contributions with the are also noteworthy. Nicholas Pooran scoring 54 off 35 balls in the last league stage match is a good sign for Guyana Amazon Warriors while they’d expect the top-order to fire more going into the play-offs.
Barbados Tridents Preview
Barbados Tridents have been in good form of late winning 3 of their last 4 matches. Their loss against St Kitts and Nevis Patriots was by a very narrow margin – 1 run – chasing 149 runs at home. However, the Tridents showed a much improved all-round performance in the next two matches. Johnson Charles scored 47 off 36 balls against St Lucia Zouks as BT finished 141-6 batting first. However, the Tridents bowling attack was exceptional in defending such a low total by a margin of 24 runs.
Hayden Walsh and Harry Gurney are the bowling superstars in the BT set-up and possible contenders in overpowering Guyana Amazon Warriors. In addition to Walsh and Gurney, Shakib Al Hasan and Jason Holder would prove crucial with both bat and ball for BT in the play-offs. Alex Hales (33) and Johnson Charles (55) were much better at the top when BT chased 135 runs target against TKR in their final league stage match.
Guyana Amazon Warriors to win the match
Guyana Amazon Warriors clearly have the right balance in the side with in-form batsmen, all-rounders and specialist bowlers. Barbados Tridents too have a formidable bowling attack and one of the closest to GAW’s bowling strength. GAW has the home advantage and the fact that they’ve played back to back matches here gives them momentum and the confidence going ahead in the qualifier 1 of CPL 2019.
Fantasy Team Tips
- Johnson Charles who opens for Barbados Tridents has got to scoring runs recently while Nicholas Pooran too scored a fifty in the last match proving his significance at number 5 for GAW.
- While Shimron Hetmyer hasn’t scored big in last 2 innings, he continues to be a valuable player at number 3 for Guyana. In addition, Chandrapaul Hemraj showed his bowling skills in the last match and will now be a key player for the skipper to have in his playing XI.
- Shakib Al Hasan and JP Duminy are two experienced all-rounders in the Barbados set-up. However, Shoaib Malik and Keemo Paul too have key roles to play for the Warriors.
- Therefore, the fantasy team needs to have the right balance between bowling and batting all-rounders.
- Hayden Walsh and Harry Gurney are the biggest assets in the BT bowling arsenal. While playing against Guyana at Guyana will be quite a challenge, the conditions here are likely to favour the bowlers.
- As a result, Walsh and Gurney along with Shakib can benefit the most.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper – J Charles, Nicholas Pooran
- Batsmen – Alex Hales, Shimron Hetmyer, Chandrapaul Hemraj
- All-rounders – Shakib Al Hasan, Shoaib Malik, Keemo Paul
- Bowlers – Hayden Walsh, Harry Gurney, Imran Tahir
- Captain – Shimron Hetmyer
- Vice-Captain – Shoaib Malik