- Venue: Providence Stadium, Guyana
- Date: 4th October 2019
- Time: 3:30 AM IST
- League: CPL 2019
Guyana Amazon Warriors Preview
Guyana Amazon Warriors have won 8 out of 8 matches in CPL 2019. While their winning streak has continued at away venues as well, the Warriors are returning home for their last 2 league games. GAW had defeated Jamaica Tallawahs in the away match at Jamaica by a huge 81-runs margin. Brandon King and Shoaib Malik’s half centuries got the Warriors to 218-6 batting first while Keemo Paul and Imran Tahir helped bowl out JT for 137.
In their last match against TKR, Chandrapaul Hemraj (66) and Shimron Hetmyer (48) were the top contributors in the top-order. In addition, Romario Shepherd added quick 32 off 13 balls at number 7 following the quick dismissals of number 4,5, and 6 batsmen. While Romario Shepherd and Keemo Paul were wicketless and expensive in their spells, Imran Tahir and Chris Green picked 2 wickets each.
Jamaica Tallawahs Preview
Jamaica Tallawahs sit at the bottom of the points table with 2 wins in 9 matches this season. Going into their last league stage match, Tallawahs would look forward to finishing the season on a high. Jamaica has been the most inconsistent side with their batsmen and bowlers finding and losing their form every other match. In a recent away game against Barbados Tridents, the Jamaican batting order collapsed and the team finished with 127-10 batting first.
However, Imran Khan and Shamar Springer saved the day for the Tallawahs picking up 3 wickets each as Jamaica defended the total and won by 5 runs. In the very next match, Dwayne Smith scored a fifty for JT and the side finished with 165-7 batting first against St Lucia Zouks. While the Jamaican bowling attack failed to defend the total on this occasion, Imran Khan picked 2 for 34.
Guyana Amazon Warriors to win the match
Guyana Amazon Warriors have consistently delivered in all the departments. While their top-order is in form and the middle-order is strong, the bowlers have done well to maintain consistency in picking wickets. Jamaica Tallawahs on the other hand, have got unpredictable batting line-up along with an inconsistent bowling attack.
Fantasy Team Tips
- Glen Phillips is a key player for Jamaica Tallawahs and though inconsistent, he has played some scored runs for the side.
- Chris Gayle and Dwayne Smith would be important as well. However, Gayle hasn’t fired recently, and is unpredictable.
- D Smith looks in good touch and has scored a fifty in the last match. While the top 3 in the Guyana batting order are all in good touch including Hetmyer, Chandrapaul Hemraj, and Brandon King.
- While among the all-rounders, Imran Khan has been among the wicket-takers for Jamaica Tallawahs in recent matches.
- In addition, Shamar Springer would be in a key role for JT in giving the side breakthroughs. While Imran Tahir and Chris Green have been consistently picking wickets for Guyana.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper – Glen Phillips
- Batsmen – S Hetmyer, B King, C Hemraj, C Gayle, D Smith
- All-rounders – S Malik, I Khan
- Bowlers – I Tahir, C Green, S Springer
- Captain – S Hetmyer
- Vice-Captain – C Green