- Venue : Providence Stadium, Guyana
- Date : 8th September 2019
- Time : 5:30 AM IST
- League : CPL 2019
Guyana Amazon Warriors Preview
Warriors kicked off their CPL 2019 campaign with a win in their 1st match at home venue. It was the bowlers and all-rounders who put a fight in helping the side win. While Hetmyer and Shoaib Malik were out in the 20s, Pooran and Rutherford were out for under 10 runs.
However, Chris Green and Keemo Paul fought towards the end together adding 48 runs off 21 balls for the 7th wicket. As a result, GAW ended with a decent total on the board. Romario Shepherd and Shadab Khan were most impactful bowlers with figures of 2 for 18 and 2 for 16 in their respective 4 overs. In addition, Chris Green proved his all-round ability picking up 2 for 28 with the ball helping Guyana Amazon Warriors win by 13 runs.
St Kitts and Nevis Patriots Preview
A good bowling performance from Sheldon Cottrell was the biggest positive from SNP’s first match. The Patriots look a good bowling unit with Cottrell and Emrit picking up wickets. While Brathwaite was wicketless, SNP has Alzari Joseph in the bowling attack. In addition, the presence of Mohammad Hafeez in the playing XI gives skipper an extra bowling option.
While Hafeez couldn’t contribute much with either bat or ball in the 1st match, his experience makes him a player to watch out for. He scored 16 off 22 balls batting at number 3 while SNP were chasing 153 runs. In addition, the number 4, 5 and 6 batsmen were out without scoring double digits. Fabian Allen and Usama Mir fought back towards the end scoring 30 and 24 at strike rates of over 200. However, SNP could never settle from the regular blows and were bowled out for 141.
Guyana Amazon Warriors to win
Fantasy Team Tips
- Nicholas Pooran and Devon Thomas both failed in the middle-order for their respective teams. Yet, the two are capable batsmen with good T20 experience.
- Hetmyer and Rutherford can score quick runs in the middle while Lewis and Ottley would likely give SNP a good start.
- Chris Green and Keemo Paul are handy all-rounders for Guyana with proved T20 record. While Fabian Allen and C Brathwaite are crucial lowed down the order for SNP.
- Shadab Khan and Sheldon Cottrell are favourites to top the bowling charts for their respective teams.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper – Nicholas Pooran
- Batsmen – Evin Lewis, Kjorn Ottley, Shimron Hetmyer, Sherfane Rutherford
- All-rounders – Carlos Brathwaite, Fabian Allen/Usama Mir, Keemo Paul
- Bowlers – Sheldon Cottrell, Chris Green, Shadab Khan
- Captain – Evin Lewis
- Vice-Captain – Carlos Brathwaite
Tip – The captain and vice-captain selection for this match could be inclined towards the all-rounders. Usama Mir was given 3 overs, while the SNP skipper didn’t use Fabian Allen’s bowling services.