- Venue: Sophia Gardens, Cardiff
- Date: 26th August 2019
- Time: 7:00 PM IST
- League: Vitality T20 Blast 2019
Glamorgan is yet to register a win in T20 Blast 2019 and with 7 losses in 12 matches so far, they find themselves at the bottom in the South Group points table. They’ve lost 2 of their last 4 matches while the rest had no result due to rain.
In their last match, Colin Ingram was promoted to number 3, while David Lloyd batted at number 4 chasing 178 against Somerset. David Lloyd and Andrew Salter made the only good contributions scoring 63 and 39 while the rest of the top and middle-order failed.
Glamorgan finished with 152-10 chasing 178, and 152-6 batting first in the previous match at this venue against Surrey. While Andrew Salter had a better economy rate than other bowlers, no one in particular, has been consistent for Glamorgan with the ball. Merchant de Lange picked 3 for 36 in the last match while Ruaidhri Smith picked 3 for 21 defending 152 against Surrey at this venue.
After staying unbeaten at home winning 4 matches at Hove, Sussex lost to Essex by 9 runs. An away win followed this loss as Sussex successfully chased 172 runs against Middlesex at Uxbridge.
3 of their top 4 batsman were out under a score of 10 runs chasing 169 and Sussex fell 9 runs short of the total. While in their successful chase of 172 runs, 2 of their top 4 batsmen scored above 40 runs each, and Laurie Evans at number 3 was unbeaten on 52 off 25.
Ollie Robinson was back in the side after missing the game against Essex as he replaced Jason Behrendorff. While Reece Topley and Will Beer are consistent with wickets, the average and economy rates of Sussex bowlers has gone up in recent games.
Sussex to win the match
Fantasy Team Tips
- Alex Carey is in good form and unbeaten 41 off 23 balls in the last match. Chris Cookie failed to score above 20 runs in last 2 innings.
- Glamorgan’s top-order hasn’t contributed much recently while Graham Wagg and Andrew Salter have scored the most runs at number 6 and 7.
- David Wiese has consistently scored runs in the middle for Sussex whenever the top-order failed.
- Reece Topley has been consistent wicket-taker for Sussex while Andrew Salter has a better economy rate than other inconsistent Glamorgan bowlers.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper – Alex Carey, C Cookie
- Batsman – Colin Ingram, D Lloyd, Lauri Evans, Phillip Salt
- All-rounders – G Wagg, D Wiese
- Bowlers – A Salter, R Topley, O Robinson
- Captain – Laurie Evans
- Vice-Captain – David Wiese