- Venue : Holkar Cricket Stadium, Indore
- Date : 14th November 2019
- Time : 9:30 AM IST
- League : Bangladesh tour of India
India won the recent Test series against South Africa 3-0 at home. While the away team gave fought well with the bat in the 1st match, India won the 2nd and 3rd Test by an inning. As a result, the Indian test side would be confident going into the 1st Test match against Bangladesh. Rohit Sharma would be keen on continuing his batting form while Dhawan’s absence leaves a door open for Mayank Agarwal at the top.
Virat Kohli will be an important feature at number 3 and the top contender to be the top run-scorer for India. In case Kohli fails to score big, Cheteshwar Pujara and Ajinkya Rahane in the middle will anchor the innings. While the top-order seems sorted, the wicket-keeper selection is a tricky one for India. Wriddhiman Saha’s wasn’t impressive with the bat in the last Test series against South Africa. However, Rishabh Pant was recently under a lot of pressure in the T20I series. Therefore, a good inning in this match would help him gain some confidence.
Bangladesh will be joined by Imrul Kayes and Shadman Islam for the Test series against India. While the visitors have their all-format wicket-keeper batsmen in the squad, they’ve got a new Test captain in Mominul Haque. In addition to 1 left-arm bowler, thier Test squad for India vs Bangladesh series features two right-arm off-break bowlers. Nayeem Hasan’s off-break bowling alongside Taijul Islam’s left-arm orthodox will be crucial to find breakthroughs.
Bangladesh relies on batting all-rounder Mahmudullah, wicket-keeper batsmen Mushfiqur Rahim and Mohammad Mithun to build partnerships in the middle. Imrul Kayes, Liton Das, and Mominul Haque have the responsibility to give Bangladesh a good start. However, the middle-order has shown character and proved to be dependable in the recent past. Also, the allrounders in the lower order have added crucial runs and will make a difference with their performance.
India to win the match
In terms of batting strength, India has got a lot of experience with Pujara, Kohli, Rahane in the side while India’s bowling is in its best shape. Ashwin, Jadeja are successful with the ball as the pitch gets old, Ishant Sharma and Shami are lethal with the new ball.
Fantasy Team Tips
- Mushfiqur Rahim would be a better choice for wicket-keeper batsman in the fantasy team. Rahim’s role for Bangladesh in the middle is more important than that of Indian wicket-keeper batsman.
- Opening batsman Rohit Sharma and skipper Virat Kohli were in tremendous form against South Africa. These two would be a popular choice of batsmen in the fantasy team for India vs Bangladesh 1st Test match.
- Whereas, Imrul Kayes who used to open the innings alongside Tamim Iqbal would be ever so important in absence of his opening partner. If all 3 wicket-keeper batsmen make it to the playing XI, Mohammad Mithun will be an important feature in the middle-order.
- While R Ashwin has delivered with the ball recently and would be a good choice for fantasy team all-rounder, Mehidy Hasan would play a similar role with the ball for Bangladesh.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper – Mushfiqur Rahim
- Batsmen – Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, Ajinkya Rahane, Imrul Kayes, M Mithun
- All-rounders – R Ashwin, M Hasan
- Bowlers – Ishant Sharma, M Shami, Nayeem Hasan
- Captain – V Kohli
- Vice-Captain – R Sharma