- Venue: Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Rajkot
- Date: 7th November 2019
- Time: 7:00 PM IST
- League: Bangladesh Tour of India
India started the T20I series with a loss in the 1st match at Arun Jaitley Stadium in Delhi. After 8 wins in 8 matches, India faced their first-ever loss in the T20 format against the visitors. While India played with 3 spinners, it was Bangladesh who got the most out of the two-paced pitch with their spinners. Krunal Pandya and Washington Sundar were impressive with the bat as finishers scoring 15(8) and 14(5) respectively. However, both all-rounders were wicketless while Krunal bowled at 8 r.p.o.
In addition, Khaleel Ahmed too was expensive bowling at 9.25 r.p.o defending a total of 148 runs. The biggest concern for India would be their middle-order. KL Rahul and Shreyas Iyer at number 3 and 4 in total added 37 runs off 30 balls. While Shikhar Dhawan shaped his inning cautiously, Rishabh Pant and Shreyas Iyer lost their wickets trying to pace their innings. Moreover, Shivam Dube failed to make the most of the opportunity at number 6 and was out for 1 off 4 balls.
Mahmudullah led a Bangladesh side devoid of Tamim Iqbal and Shakib Al Hasan to their first-ever T20I win against India. After Shafiul Islam dismissed Rohit Sharma in the 1st over, Aminul Islam and Afif Hossain tightened the strings on the Indian middle-order. The two spinners bowled 6 overs in total for 33 runs and picked up 3 wickets. While Shafiul picked 2 wickets for 36, Bangladesh lead pacer Mustafizur Rahman was wicketless for 15 runs in 2 overs.
With 8 bowlers including himself, the number of overs bowled was well distributed. While Mahmudullah used his bowlers wisely, it has given Bangladesh a clear picture of where they stand on this front. Along with the bowling momentum, Bangladesh has positives in the batting department too. The back to back partnerships of 46 and 50 runs for the 2nd and 3rd wicket got Bangladesh on track to their 1st T20 win against India. While India is still the favourite of the two teams going into the 2nd match, Bangladesh has a lot to believe in themselves after that win.
India to win the match
While India lost the 1st T20I, Rohit Sharma’s got experience to get the team back to winning ways. In addition, India’s loss seemed a result of miscommunication in the batting line-up. India has a strong bowling and batting set up that can bounce back under the right leadership.
Fantasy Team Tips
- Mushfiqur Rahim was top batsman for Bangladesh scoring unbeaten 60 off 43 balls at number 4. While Rishabh Pant scored 27 to become second highest scorer for India at number 5, he would be keen on improving on his performance in the next match.
- Soumya Sarkar is a highly effective all-rounder batting at number 3 and bowling an over or 2 for Bangladesh. While he may not always be successful with the ball, he’s got experience to bat at number 3.
- Shreyas Iyer looked in good touch hitting 2 sixes and a four in his inning. However, he couldn’t stay on the crease for longer and was out trying to hit one over long-off. Along with Rohit Sharma, he would be the player to watch out for in the next game.
- Spinner Aminul Islam and Yuzvendra Chahal are impact players in the fantasy team while Deepak Chahar and Mustafizur Rahman would be the choice for the pacer.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper – M Rahim, R Pant
- Batsmen – Mahmudullah, S Sarkar, R Sharma, S Iyer
- All-rounders – A Hossain, K Pandya
- Bowlers – A Islam, D Chahar, Y Chahal
- Captain – R Sharma
- Vice-Captain – Mahmudullah