- Venue: Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, Dharamsala
- Date: 15th September 2019
- Time: 7:00 PM IST
- League: South Africa tour of India
Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan are the two opening batsmen in the India squad. In addition, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer and Manish Pandey offer options in the middle-order. The batting set-up is pretty much like the one on India’s tour of West Indies. The top 4 batsmen are capable of scoring big runs and at least one of them would play big innings.
India has a good record in T20s at home soil and the players carry great IPL experience. All-rounder Hardik Pandya is back in the squad along with Krunal Pandya, Washington Sundar, and Ravindra Jadeja. While Mohammad Shami, Bumrah and Bhuvneshwar Kumar are rested for the T20I matches. Deepak Chahar, Navdeep Saini, and Khaleel Ahmed form the pace attack for India. India is likely to have Hardik Pandya and Ravindra Jadeja as all-rounders.
South Africa Preview
Quinton de Kock will be leading South Africa in the T20I series against India. Also he is a crucial batsman at the top with ability to adjust to the match situation. Rassie van de Dussen has proved to be a reliable batsman in the middle-order. David Miller has experience playing in the IPL and will have a big role for the Proteas as a finisher.
Reeza Hendricks hasn’t been consistent at the top and South Africa has another batting option in Temba Bavuma. While Andile Phehlukwayo and Dwaine Pretorius are the right men for the all-rounders job. Phehlukwayo is handy with the bat and can score quick runs towards the end and also pick up wickets with the ball. South Africa has 6 bowlers in the squad including Tabraiz Shamzi, Kagiso Rabada and Anrich Nortje. In addition, the skipper would likely choose either Junior Dala or Beuran Hendricks for the playing XI.
India to win the match
India has been consistent in the T20 format and their experiments with new bowlers in West Indies yielded good results. Navdeep Saini, Khaleel Ahmed and Deepak Chahar could make things difficult for the visitors with the ball. While South Africa’s batting depends on a few batsmen at the top and in the middle. India’s batting ability and skill is much higher than that of the Proteas.
Fantasy Team Tips
- Quinton de Kock and Rishabh Pant can both bat aggressively. While de Kock can adjust his innings and play for long, Pant would go for the big shots sooner in his innings.
- However ,Quinton de Kock bats up the order for South Africa while Rishabh might enter to bat in a different match situation.
- Kohli and either Dhawan or Rohit Sharma would make good additions to the fantasy XI. In addition R v der-Dussen and Miller are equally important feature in the batting line-up for Proteas.
- To include equal batsmen from both teams, the fantasy team would need two all-rounders from South Africa.
- Indian leg-break bowlers have been most successful with the ball for the team at home and overseas. R Chahar is likely to trouble the visitors and probably get breakthroughs for the side.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper – Rishab Pant
- Batsmen – Virat Kohli, Shikhar Dhawan, Rassie van der Dussen, David Miller
- All-rounders – Hardik Pandya, Dwaine Pretorius, Andile Phehlukwayo
- Bowlers – Rahul Chahar, Khaleel Ahmed, Kagiso Rabada
- Captain – Virat Kohli
- Vice-Captain – Hardik Pandya