- Venue: JSCA International Stadium Complex, Ranchi
- Date: 19th October – 23rd October 2019
- Time: 9:30 AM IST
- League: South Africa’s tour of India
India leads 2-0 in the 3rd match Test series against South Africa and will be looking to seal a whitewash in the next match at Ranchi. India’s top batting order is in terrific form with Mayank Agarwal scoring a double hundred in the 1st Test followed by a hundred in the second. While Virat Kohli scored 254 runs in the 2nd Test, Umesh Yadav showed consistency with the ball. Umesh Yadav picked 6 wickets in the match, while Ravindra Jadeja delivered an all-round performance scoring 91 runs and picking up 4 wickets in the match.
Cheteshwar Pujara and Ajinkya Rahane are ever so reliable in the middle for India. In addition, Jadeja can pace his innings as required, lower down the order. R Ashwin is in good touch with the ball and has picked 14 wickets in this series so far. While Ishant Sharma hasn’t picked a lot of wickets, Umesh Yadav’s form is good news for India. Jadeja and Ashwin are bound to pick wickets as the pitch gets old and will play a crucial role in India’s win.
South Africa Preview
South Africa’s margin of loss went from 203 runs in the 1st match to an inning and 137 runs in the 2nd Test. Everything’s gone wrong for the Proteas on this tour from bowling failures to batting collapses. While South Africa had centurions in the 1st Test, the visitors failed to consolidate their efforts in building a good total. In the recent match, Kagiso Rabada bowled 30 overs for 93 runs and picked up 3 wickets while Keshav Maharaj picked 1 wicket in 50 overs. Failure to break partnerships allowed the home team to pile on runs with ease as Kohli and company reached 601-5 batting first.
It was an uphill battle from that point on for the visitors. The top order collapsed and South Africa lost 5 wickets for 53 runs. However, Faf du Plessis and Keshav Maharaj scored 64 and 72 runs respectively at number 6, and 10. Following on, Dean Elgar (48) and Temba Bavuma (38) were the top scorers for South Africa as they finished 189-10. Dean Elgar and Aiden Markram continue to play a big role at the top for the Proteas. However, their form is under scanner since their performances have been very inconsistent.
Fantasy Team Tips
- Quinton de Kock would still be the choice for wicket-keeper batsmen over Wriddhiman Saha or Rishabh Pant. India’s top batting order is in good form and the wicket-keeper is less likely to get a chance to play for long.
- While de Kock would need to contribute with the bat if South Africa has to stand a chance in this Test match.
- Rohit Sharma and Mayank Agarwal will be crucial in India’s batting line-up. The two are in good form followed by Virat Kohli in the middle who’s recently scored a double century.
- While Aiden Markram and Dean Elgar at the top would be under spotlight for the Proteas to give a good start and either of them needs to score big to create chances for the visitors.
- R Jadeja and R Ashwin have been successful with the ball in both the matches. Jadeja showcased his batting abilities in the last Test with a 91-runs knock at number 6 for India.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper – Quinton de Kock
- Batsmen – R Sharma, V Kohli, M Agarwal, D Elgar, A Markram
- All-rounders – R Jadeja, R Ashwin
- Bowlers – K Raada, M Shami, U Yadav
- Captain – V Kohli
- Vice-Captain – R Sharma