- Venue : New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg
- Date : 16th November 2019
- Time : 4:00 PM IST
- League : Mzansi Super League 2019
Jozi Stars Preview
A star-studded Jozi Stars team has lost 3 in 3 matches in the Mzansi Super League 2019 so far. 2 of these losses came against Cape Town Blitz while the other loss was against NMBG in an away match. Jozi Stars were closest to the target in the 1st match where they scored 198-5 chasing 214 runs. The batting form derailed and subsequently, the margin of loss chasing in their 2nd and 3rd match increased even more. Jozi Stars would be facing Nelson Mandela Bay Giants for the second time in the league. Previously, the Stars had restricted NMBG to 167 at Port Elizabeth.
However, inspite of a fifty from Reeza Hendricks, Jozi Stars fell 24 runs short of the total. In the following match against Cape Town Blitz, skipper Temba Bavuma scored 62 runs at number 3. Yet, the Stars failed to chase 184 runs as the Blitz bowled them out for 126 runs. Reeza Hendricks and Temba Bavuma are the only batsmen with significant contributions while Rassie van der Dussen and Daniel Christian haven’t done well in the middle. JS bowling attack hasn’t found the rhythm as the bowlers have been expensive. While Rabada is among the wicket-takers, he’s had the least impact.
Nelson Mandela Bay Giants Preview
In the washed out game against Tshwane Spartans at Centurion, NMBG was in a strong position reducing the Sports to 33-4. The Giants seemingly have carried the momentum from their first win against Jozi Stars. Chris Morris and Junior Dala will play a significant role in the power play while JJ Smuts could provide a breakthrough later. The Bay Giants had lost quick wickets at the top the last time they faced Jozi Stars. Jason Roy and JJ Smuts will need to bounce back and play a better inning.
It was Heino Kuhn and Farhan Behardien who rescued the sinking ship of NMBG against Jozi Stars in the 1st match at home. In contrast, the opposition’s middle-order is struggling to put runs on the board. As a result, NMBG would have an advantage over the home team in terms of finishers in the line-up. Chris Morris, and Junior Dala had gotten rid of R v d Dussen and Daniel Christian while Imran Tahir had dismissed Reeza Hendricks in their last head-to-head.
Nelson Mandela Bay Giants to win the match
Though Jozi Stars will be playing at their home venue, NMBG have the momentum on their side along with an in-form bowling attack. Jozi Stars’ batting order is dependent on two batsmen while NMBG has a reliable middle-order.
Fantasy Team Tips
- Wicket-keeper batsman Hieno Kuhn adapted to the situation very well at number 5 against Jozi Stars the last time around.
- While Jason Roy and JJ Smuts in the top 3 are crucial for NMBG, Jozi Stars’ Bavuma and opening batsman Reeza Hendrickconsistentistent scorers for the team.
- Chris Morris has delivered for Nelson Mandela Bay Giants with the ball while F Behardien was significant at number 6 against Jozi Stars in the home game.
- Junior Dala would be the front runner to lead the bowling table for the visitors, while Kagiso Rabada would lead the bowling attack for Jozi Stars.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper – Heino Kuhn
- Batsmen – Jason Roy, JJ Smuts, C Gayle, R Hendricks, T Bavuma
- All-rounders – C Morris, F Behardien
- Bowlers – Junior Dala, K Rabada, D Paterson
- Captain – R Hendricks
- Vice-Captain – J Roy