- Venue: Sabina Park, Kingston, Jamaica
- Date: 13th September 2019
- Time: 5:30 AM IST
- League: CPL 2019
Jamaica Tallawahs Preview
Jamaica Tallawahs bounced back really well after facing defeat in their first match of CPL 2019. In their second away game of this season, Jamaica scored 241-4 batting first against St Kitts and Nevis Patriots. However, Chris Gayle’s 116-runs innings for Jamaica was in vain. Tallawahs failed to defend the total as SNP chased it down in the 19th over.
Chadwick Walton was another impact player for Jamaica scoring 73 off 36 balls that included 8 sixes. Oshane Thomas was top wicket-taker picking up 4 wickets for Jamaica Tallawahs. However, he conceded 53 runs in 4 overs being the second most expensive bowler for the side. In addition, Andre Russell was also very expensive in his 4 overs finishing with 2 for 54 runs.
St Lucia Zouks Preview
St Lucia Zouks have lost both matches they’ve played so far. Their batting hasn’t been particularly impressive with no fifties from the batsmen so far. After their failed attempt at chasing 156 against Guyana, Zouks managed 167-5 batting first against Trinbago Knight Riders. All the wicket-takers were expensive while defending the total including Fawad Ahmed.
While Rakheem Cornwall looked in great touch scoring 33 off 12 balls opening for St Lucia Zouks, his departure slowed down the run rate. As a result, John Campbell played a steady innings scoring 43 off 42 balls at number 3. Najibullah Zadran is an asset and would be very impactful in the middle-order for days to come. SLZ top-order will need to take risks and the all-rounders in the middle need to step up if the top order fails.
Jamaica Tallawahs to win the match.
Jamaica Tallawahs are playing at home and their batsmen are in good form. While St Lucia Zouks are struggling in both departments, they would like to have a go at Jamaica’s bowling attack. In a contest like this, the team with less expensive bowlers and the ones with ability to get a breakthrough will win.
Fantasy Team Tips
- Andre Fletcher and Glen Phillips are both aggressive batsmen at the top. However, they haven’t played a big innings in their last couple of matches.
- While Walton and Gayle are important in the Jamaica batting line-up, Najibullah Zadran and J Campbell are impact players for SLZ.
- Rakheem Cornwall opens for SLZ and if Fletcher is excluded from the fantasy team, Cornwall would be a must. While Andre Russell is an important addition as the Jamaica all-rounder.
- Obed McCoy was the most economical bowler in the last match for SLZ where the top wicket-taker had 1 wicket.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper – A Fletcher
- Batsmen – N Zadran, J Campbell, G Worker, C Gayle, C Walton
- All-rounders – R Cornwall, Andre Russell
- Bowlers – O McCoy, S Jacobs, S Springer
- Captain – C Gayle
- Vice-Captain – A Russell