- Venue: Grace Road, Leicester
- Date: 23rd August 2019
- Time: 11:00 PM IST
- League: Vitality T20 Blast 2019
Leicestershire hasn’t lost once in their last 5 matches, winning 3 of them while 2 matches were washed out. These 3 wins came batting first where Leicestershire defended 149, 189 and 152 runs.
Skipper Colin Ackerman picked 3 for 9 against Derbyshire in the last win and 7 for 18 against Warwickshire at Leicester. Gavin Griffiths picked 7 while Will Davis picked 6 wickets in last 3 matches for Leicestershire.
In last 4 innings there have been only 2 scores of 50+ for Leicestershire. Opener Harry Swindells scored 63 off 50 followed by 28 balls-58 runs innings from Lewis Hill at number 5 against Warwickshire at this venue in Leicester.
1 of their 3 losses in the season so far came playing against Leicestershire at Manchester where Nottinghamshire lost by 21 runs chasing 126 in 11 overs. Their last 2 wins were registered at Birmingham and Nottingham chasing 120 and defending 184 respectively.
Luke Wood, Imad Wasim and Matthew Carter were the impact bowlers for Nottinghamshire in their wins. Wood picked 8, while Imad and Matthew Carter picked 5 wickets each in last 3 games.
Nottinghamshire has won 2 and lost 2 matches at away venues. Tom Moores and Dan Christian have been consistent in the middle-order while Joe Clarke scored 47 when chasing 120 in the last match and 50 batting first at Nottingham as the home team scored 184-4.
Nottinghamshire to win the match
Fantasy Team Tips
- Tom Moores had good numbers against Leicestershire when he scored unbeaten 44 off 19 balls chasing 126 in 11 overs. He’s had better scores when batting first against Warwickshire – 69 off 38 balls.
- Mark Cosgrove and Arron Lilley have been among major contributors at the top for Leicestershire followed by Colin Ackerman and Lewis Hill in the middle.
- Colin Ackerman has also picked wickets for his side consistently alongside Gavin Griffiths. While Luke Wood and Matthew Carter have don the same for Nottinghamshire.
- Wicket-keeper batsmen have been among top contributors for both sides viz. Joe Clarke and Tom Moores for Nottingham while Harry Swindells and Lewis Hill for Leicestershire.
- The choice of minimum 3 batsmen in the fantasy team would then be a bit tricky and Alex Hales, Ben Duckett and Mark Cosgrove would be great options.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper – Lewis Hill, Tom Moores/Joe Clarke
- Batsman – M Cosgrove, Alex Hales, Ben Duckett
- All-rounders – Colin Ackerman, Dan Christian
- Bowlers – Gavin Griffiths, Arron Lilley, Luke Wood, Matthew Carter
- Captain – Tom Moores
- Vice-Captain – Colin Ackerman
Tip – In a Multi Entry contest, try different captain, vice-captain combination with top order batsmen rather opting an all-rounder or wicket-keeper batsman.