- Venue: Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore
- Date: 11th March 2020
- Time: 7:30 PM IST
- League: PSL 2020
Multan Sultans Preview
Multan Sultans are on a winning streak with 4 back to back wins. While 3 of these wins came at their home venue in Multan, the last win was at Rawalpindi against Islamabad United. Sultans delivered an exceptional bowling performance restricting ISU to 91-7 in 9 Overs. In addition, Multan Sultans had defeated Qalandars at Lahore in their opening match. Not only are they in great form, but Sultans have also defeated Quetta Gladiators previously in the season.
Sohail Tanvir, Junaid Khan, and Imran Tahir are the bowlers to watch out for. While these bowlers can make a significant impact with their bowling spells, Shan Masood has a similar role with the bat. Moeen Ali and Shan Masood have delivered for Sultans in the top 4 while James Vince has found his form at the top. Rilee Rossouw will be a crucial batsmen in the middle-order for Sultans. He has delivered consistently with the bat and with Masood on his side, the duo can build match-winning partnerships in the middle.
Following their back to back wins early in the league at Karachi and Rawalpindi, Gladiators lost 4 consecutive matches. While they will be desperately looking for a win, Gladiators are struggling in both bowling and batting departments. QTG were all-out for 172 chasing 210 runs against LHQ at this venue. In the very next game, Gladiators found themselves chasing 171 runs against Peshawar at Rawalpindi. However, this time around, Gladiators finished 140-7 thus losing by a margin of 30 plus runs for the second time in row.
In their last match, QTG lost the toss and had to bat first against LHQ at Lahore. The batting form dipped even further with Gladiators finishing with a score of 98-9. In their current form, Quetta Gladiators are very unlikely to beat the in-form Multan Sultans. However, if QTG were to bounce back, the players who could make an impact would be Jason Roy, Shane Watson, and Sarfaraz Ahmed in the top 4. Azam Khan and Ben Cutting might gain confidence to finish the innings well at numbers 5 and 6. The top 4 will need to lay a strong foundation for Cutting and Khan to play more freely lower down the order.
Multan Sultans to win the match
Multan Sultans are coming off strong with a big win in their last game at Rawalpindi. Sultans have also delivered great performances against Quetta Gladiators at home venue. While Rilee Rossouw had scored a hundred, Imran Tahir had picked 2 for 27. Sultans bowling effort in the last match was even better and with James Vince and Moeen Ali in good form at the top, Sultans’ batting order is stronger.
Fantasy Team Tips
- While Sarfaraz Ahmed is a crucial batsman in the middle for Quetta Gladiators, Zeeshan Ashraf can make an impact as an opener for Sultans.
- Shan Masood and Rilee Rossouw have been consistent in the middle-order for Multan. In addition, Moeen Ali has delivered at the opening position for Sultans and can do the same at number 3 or 4.
- Ben Cutting is the most popular choice for an all-rounder from Quetta Gladiators. He has the potential to play the finisher’s role aptly. In addition, he can also find a wicket or two in the middle overs. While 91% of the fantasy teams have selected Moeen Ali, 90% have drafted Ben Cutting.
- Sohail Tanvir and Imran Tahir will add strength to both Sultans and fantasy team’s bowling attack.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keepers – Sarfaraz Ahmed, Zeeshan Ashraf
- Batsmen – Shane Watson, Jason Roy, Rilee Rossouw, Shan Masood
- All-rounders – Moeen Ali, Ben Cutting
- Bowlers – Sohail Tanvir, Imran Tahir, Mohammad Hasnain
- Captain – Rilee Rossouw
- Vice-Captain – Moeen Ali