- Venue: Perth Stadium, Perth
- Date: 21st December 2019
- Time: 3:40 PM IST
- League: Big Bash League 2019-20
Perth Scorchers Preview
Perth Scorchers got off to a rather poor start in the Big Bash League 2019-20. In their first match, Scorchers were put to bat first after losing the toss. PRS found themselves 29-4 in the power play with Liam Livingstone and Cameron Bancroft out for 0 and 1 respectively. Middle-order batsman Ashton Turner was out for 1. Skipper Mitchell Marsh and Cameron Green made the highest contributions scoring 32 and 36 runs respectively.
While the batting line-up of Perth Scorchers looks strong and impressive with the likes of Marsh, Livingstone and Josh Inglis, the last performance would have sent a distress signal in the side. Chris Jordan was the only wicket-taker while defending 131 runs with figures of 2 for 13. Jhye Richardson and Fawad Ahmed would need to put their best foot forward in the next match.
Melbourne Renegades Preview
Melbourne Renegades lost their opening match of the season against Sydney Thunder. None of their top 3 batsmen could convert a good start to a big inning. Sam Harper and Shaun Marsh scored 39 and 42 runs respectively. Harry Gurney was the only bowler with good enough bowling figures picking up 2 for 26 while Kane Richardson was economical for his none for 18 in 4 overs.
Daniel Christian and Cameron Boyce, on the other hand, were very expensive in their spells defending 169 runs. Melbourne Renegades would be looking to get their batting game on track. The middle-order failed to contribute in the last match as Tom Cooper and Daniel Christian were both out for under 20 runs. These two have a big responsibility to give their side a good finish. While Renegades had a bad day with the ball in the last match, they could make a comeback in both batting and bowling departments.
Melbourne Renegades to win.
Melbourne Renegades have Shaun Marsh and Aaron Finch in the top 3. While Daniel Christian in the middle-order has a proven record of significant contributions in times of need. While both teams have lost one match so far, Melbourne Renegades had delivered a better performance in their loss as compared to Perth Scorchers.
Fantasy Team Tips
- Josh Inglis and Sam Harper open the innings for their respective teams. As openers, they’re likely to make crucial contributions to their team totals and fantasy team.
- Cameron Bancroft, Mitchell Marsh and Ashton Turner bat at numbers 3, 4 and 5 for Perth Scorchers. Including Bancroft and Turner as batsmen while Marsh as the all-rounder would cover a major batting chunk of Scorchers.
- Shaun Marsh and Aaron Finch are two big hitters in the Melbourne Renegades batting line-up. While all-rounder Daniel Christian bats at number 5 and also has a significant role with the ball.
- Chris Jordan and Harry Gurney were economical and picked wickets for their teams in their opening matches. In addition, these two were successful among when others in the bowling attack failed.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper – J Inglis, S Harper
- Batsmen – A Turner, C Bancroft, S Marsh, A Finch
- All-rounders – M Marsh, D Christian
- Bowlers – F Ahmed, C Jordan, H Gurney
- Captain – S Marsh
- Vice-Captain – A Finch