- Venue: Buffalo Park, East London
- Date: 12th February 2020
- Time: 9:30 PM IST
- League: England’s tour of South Africa
South Africa Preview
The Proteas lost the Test series 1-3 against the visiting England side followed by a tied ODI series. While South Africa did well to chase 259 runs in the 1st ODI, the team lost by 2 wickets defending 256 runs in the 3rd ODI. Skipper Quintin de Kock was consistent in both matches while David Miller and Temba Bavuma were among the other big contributors.
Reeza Hendricks needs to step up and improve his game at the top while JJ Smuts and Rassie van der Dussen have a crucial role to play in the middle-order. Dale Steyn will be joining the T20I squad for the series. Along with Lungi Ngidi, Tabraiz Shamsi, and Beuran Hendricks, the bowling attack looks in a good shape. Ngidi, Shamsi, and Hendricks delivered good performances in the ODI series and looked in good form.
England hasn’t lost a series so far on their tour of South Africa. Following their win in the Test series, England tied the ODI series winning the 3rd and the final ODI. After the 1st ODI, the top order batsmen Jonny Bairstow and Joe Root made a comeback while Joe Deny scored his second consecutive fifty at number 5. Tom Banton hasn’t made it to the T20I squad while Jos Buttler is back in the T20I set up for England.
Moeen Ali, Ben Stokes, and Jos Buttler will be crucial in the middle and lower-order. In addition, Dawid Malan also could play a significant role if he makes it to the playing XI. Jason Roy and Jonny Bairstow gave England a 50-runs plus partnership for the 1st wicket in both ODIs. The duo is likely to open the innings in the 1st T20I as well. Chris Jordan, Adil Rashid, Mark Wood, and Tom Curran will the bowlers to watch out for.
England to win the match
England’s T20I squad looks solid with a strong top-order backed by Jos Buttler, Moeen Ali, and Ben Stokes in the middle-order. In addition, their bowling attack features the likes of Chris Jordan, Mark Wood, and Adil Rashid makes a strong case for an England win in the 1st T20I.
Fantasy Team Tips
- Jonny Bairstow and Quinton de Kock are two of the top choices for the fantasy team. The two are in good form at the top and 93.54% teams have selected Quinton de Kock while Bairstow is drafted in 75% of the fantasy teams.
- After the opening batsman Jason Roy, Eoin Morgan is among the popular choices for English batsman with 52.23% teams having selected him.
- Temba Bavuma and David Miller looked in good touch in the ODI series and will be crucial in the middle-order for the hosts.
- England’s all-rounder Ben Stokes is hands down the most sought after all-rounder for the fantasy cricket team while JJ Smuts has a similar role in the Proteas side.
- Dale Steyn is joining the South Africa squad for the upcoming T20Is and will be the bowler to watch out for.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper – Quinton de Kock, Jonny Bairstow
- Batsmen – Eoin Morgan, Jason Roy, Temba Bavuma, David Miller
- All-rounder – Ben Stokes, JJ Smuts
- Bowlers – Tom Curran, Adil Rashid, Dale Steyn
- Captain – Quinton de Kock
- Vice-Captain – Jonny Bairstow