- Venue: County Ground, Hove
- Date: 6th September 2019
- Time: 11:30 PM IST
- League: Vitality Blast 2019
While Sussex has won 2 of their last 3 matches, they have won lost twice in last 3 matches played at this venue. Alex Carey who’s been an integral part of the Sussex batting line-up has contributed has scored run at the top and in the middle. However, he wasn’t part of the playing XI in the last match that Sussex to Gloucestershire.
Laurie Evans and Luke Wright are other important middle-order batsmen for Sussex. In addition, Delray Rawlins and David Wiese at number 4 and 5 add more strength to the Sussex batting order. Delray Rawlins proved to be a valuable player with his all-round abilities scoring 69 runs and picking up 2 for 19 in the last match.
Worcestershire lost an away and a home game in their last 3 matches while 1 game was washed out. Chasing 219 runs at home, Worcestershire was 57-4 in the 8th over when Ross Whiteley walked in to bat. He scored unbeaten 89 off 40 balls as Worcestershire lost by 25 runs. Rikki Wessels, Moeen Ali and Ben Cox at number 2, 3, and 4 played good innings in the recent match as the team posted 188-5 batting first.
However, the 188 runs total wasn’t enough to defend and Worcestershire lost by 7 wickets. Bowlers have been expensive in last 2 innings failing to pick up wickets at the regular intervals. In their last win at Birmingham too, Worcestershire conceded 184 runs bowling first. They chased it down very comfortably courtesy Rikki Wessels and Moeen Ali’s unbeaten innings of 65 and 85 runs.
Sussex to win the match
Fantasy Team Tips
- Alex Carey is the top choice for wicket-keeper in the fantasy team. While Ben Cox has looked in good touch recently for Worcestershire and can add points to the fantasy XI.
- Laurie Evans and Lue Wright are consistent with runs and have played at different positions very well. Delray Rawlins showed his potential helping the side to a decent total in his last innings.
- David Wiese has been effective lower down the order for Sussex when the situation demanded the best out of him. While Moeen Ali has 2 fifties in his last 3 appearances for Worcestershire.
- Worcestershire bowlers haven’t been in the best form and therefore, 2 Sussex bowlers could fit well in the fantasy team.
- R Topley and W Beer have picked at least 1 wicket in every match in their last 3 appearances for Sussex.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper – Alex Carey
- Batsmen – D Rawlins, Luke Wright, L Evans, R Wessels, R Whiteley
- All-rounders – D Wiese, Moeen Ali
- Bowlers – R Topley, W Beer, Ed Barnard
- Captain – Luke Wright
- Vice-Captain – Moeen Ali