- Venue: Brain Lara Stadium, Tarouba, Trinidad
- Date: 11th October 2019
- Time: 4:30 AM IST
- League: CPL 2019
Trinbago Knight Riders Preview
After losing their last 4 consecutive matches in the league stage, Trinbago Knight Riders eventually won the most important match of CPL 2019 – Eliminator. While TKR have now made it to the 2nd Qualifier, they will be up against Barbados Tridents, a team they recently lost to at home venue. TKR’s win over SNP in the eliminator match was characterised by some great bowling performances. Sunil Narine finished with 2 for 10 while Chris Jordan was top bowler with 3 for 30 in his 4 overs.
Bowling first, the Knight Riders restricted SNP to 125-7. This was by far one of the best bowling performances from TKR. While Sunil Narine, Colin Munro and Darren Bravo were out for 8, 0 and 1 runs respectively, Lendl Simmons scored 51 off 47 balls. In addition, Kieron Pollard’s 26 off 9 balls made the biggest impact as the Knight Riders chased down 128 runs in the 19th over with 6 wickets in hand.
Barbados Tridents Preview
Barbados Tridents lost to Guyana in the 1st Qualifier chasing a target of 219 runs. The key bowlers in the Barbados Tridents bowling attack were expensive. While Shakib and Harry Gurney were wicketless conceding 46 runs each, Hayden Walsh finished with 2 for 42. Shai Hope was in the playing XI as wicket-keeper batsmen and scored 21 off 16 at number 4. Jonathan Carter was top batsman for BT with 49 off 26 at number 6, while Jason Holder at number 7 added 29 off 15 balls.
The top order had Alex Hales score quick 36 off 19 balls. However, Johnson Charles and Shakib Al Hasan were out without making any significant impact. When BT played TKR at Trinidad in the league stage match, Alex Hales and Johnson Charles had led the way for a successful run chase. In addition, Shakib Al Hasan, Harry Gurney and Hayden Walsh did the most damage to TKR batting line-up. It’s a question of whether BT can bounce back after the loss against Guyana in the 1st Qualifier.
Trinbago Knight Riders to win the match
While TKR’s batting order still has its own struggles, the middle and lower order batsmen have shown their importance and the impact they could have on the game. More importantly, TKR’s bowlers, especially, Narine seems to have found his rhythm back. Barbados are still very much a contender for the final of CPL 2019. BT’s bowling failed in the last match and so did their top-order. However, they’ve got what it takes to defeat TKR and have done it recently.
Fantasy Team Tips
- Johnson Charles has a bigger role to play as opener for Barbados Tridents along side Alex Hales. He’s given some good starts in the recent past and scored 55 runs the last time BT played TKR.
- L Simmons has been the only batsmen in the top 4 with some major contributions in the TKR line-up. Darren Bravo and Kieron Pollard are crucial down the order and Pollard is in great form.
- Jonathan Carter scored 49 off 26 balls at number 7 chasing 219 in against Guyana Amazon Warriors in the 1st Qualifier.
- Sunil Narine and Chris Jordan were successful with the ball for TKR in the eliminator while Hayden Walsh and Harry Gurney have consistently picked wickets for BT.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper – J Charles
- Batsmen – K Pollard, L Simmons, Darren Bravo, J Carter, A Hales
- All-rounders – S Narine, JP Duminy
- Bowlers – C Jordan, H Gurney, H Walsh
- Captain – L Simmons
- Vice-Captain – A Hales